Today we want to introduce you to the world of Windstar Yachts. These perfectly sized vessels flip the script on traditional cruising, leaving the crowds and commonplace behind.
The ships are beautiful, but the real beauty lies in how close they can get you to the kind of authentic, immersive experiences you’re looking for. With 148–310 guests, a Windstar ship is large enough to pamper, yet small enough to explore secluded coves and docks in the heart of charming villages, sparkling cities and remote islands.
Where Will The Wind Take You?
Windstar sails to more than 150 ports around the globe – too many to list here, so today we are turning toward the spectacular lands of fairy tales, magic light, Gaelic castles, breathtaking fjords, seaside cafés and idyllic islands – Northern Europe. A destination so extraordinary needs that special in-depth immersion that only a Windstar cruise can provide.
Click on the above video for a look into the world of Windstar Cruises then scroll down to read about three exquisite Northern Europe Windstar Cruise itineraries (there are plenty more, so do not hesitate to ask us for more options).
Star Breeze | 7 Days | Reykjavik to Reykjavik
Dramatic scenery and curious communities coalesce on this week-long circumnavigation of Iceland. Explore a country few people will ever visit, and go far beyond the tourist hotspots to remote fjords, raging waterfalls, and small fishing villages. Get to know the Icelanders, and watch whales and seabirds play offshore. This Iceland cruise is yachting at its most inventive.
- Soak in Reykjavik’s famous Blue Lagoon
- Sail past Surtsey Island, the youngest place on earth
- Visit the island of Heimaey, the Pompeii of the North
- Overnight in Seydisfjordur with its colorful historic houses imported from Norway by wealthy merchants
- Take a polar flight to Grimsey Island half in, half out of the Arctic Circle
Lands Of The Midnight Sun
Star Breeze | 10 Days | Copenhagen to Reykjavik
Cruise beneath the Midnight Sun to sparkling Norwegian fjords, steaming Icelandic geysers, ancient Scottish standing stones, and the bucolic Faroe Islands. Hear the echoes of Old Norse tongues, see lands once lauded in ancient Viking sagas, and witness sights that will stir your soul. As a Windstar guest you experience it all from a uniquely thrilling perspective.
- Visit colorful Bryggen, Bergen’s old Hanseatic wharf and UNESCO site
- Overnight in Kirkwall & see St. Magnus Cathedral, Earl’s and Bishop’s Palaces and sip Scotland’s most northerly whisky
- Cruise Geirangerfjord, a UNESCO site, past tumbling waterfalls and abandoned mountain farms
Beauty Of The Baltic And Kiel Canal
Star Breeze | 10 Days | Amsterdam To Stockholm
Discover the radiant beauty of Baltic capitals from the fairytale castles and gardens of Copenhagen to Tallinn’s medieval walls and Helsinki’s charming Old Town. Venture to places off the beaten path, including some reserved exclusively for small ships. Cruise through the middle of the German countryside as you cross the Kiel Canal.
- Transit through Kiel Canal
- Visit the medieval old town of Tallinn
- Try herring broodjes, an Amsterdam local favorite
- See a ballet and explore as you overnight in St. Petersburg
- Greet the Little Mermaid on your way to Tivoli Gardens