According to Geology.com, a desert is a landscape that receives little precipitation (think rain, snow, drizzle, hail, or anything similar) so seeing as it doesn’t rain or snow in Antarctica, this makes it the world’s most interesting desert! And that’s before you factor in that it has an active volcano, sits under (on average) a mile of ice, and is only really accessible by ship.
That makes getting there, and seeing just how fragile the balance is, all the more important; it really does inspire travellers to come back with a renewed momentum to protect the planet. This is why we were excited to hear about the newly refurbished and eco-friendly Ocean Endeavour returning to the region in October 2020.
Book by 31 Mar 2019 and SAVE up to 20%* on selected cabin categories
The following activities are offered, subject to availability:
- Kayaking in the far-flung corners of the world is an experience guaranteed to refresh your soul. Paddling in small groups, you’ll glide between ice floes, brash ice and icebergs dotted with wildlife. Previous kayaking experience is required. Price from: AU$1,130 p.p.
- Select voyages A unique way to explore Antarctica. It makes walking up gentle slopes a breeze, allowing you to explore places others struggle to reach in boots alone. Price: AU$215 p.p.
- Select voyages A true outdoor adventure, experience the sights and sounds during your opportunity to fully immerse yourself when you camp overnight in Antarctica. Price: AU$415 p.p.
PHOTOGRAPHY PRIVATE WORKSHOPS
- Includes workshops prior to arrival in Antarctica, critiquing sessions while in Antarctica and editing workshops on the return journey. Some Zodiac excursions on dedicated Zodiac and dedicated photography guide on landings. Return with the best capture memories possible. Price from: AU$1130 p.p.
- Explore the surroundings by foot as you actively hike on Antarctica. Only available in some locations. Weather dependant. Price: No cost
- Experience Yoga in a unique way. On board the ship, yoga sessions are yoga available to take part in. These are however, weather and swell dependent. Price: No cost
Note: Rubber boots are provided for shore excursions. Upon booking you will receive more information about what you need to pack for your voyage
Antarctica: Featured Itineraries
Technical Specs: A Closer Look